Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Amarillo, TX

Hello out there. We are in Amarillo tonight hanging out in a nice little cafe. The drive was about ten hours from Houston so we are pooped! Maribelle is the featured guest at a local open mic night. I may or may not also be playing.

Being on the road is a very interesting experience. It makes you reflect on different aspects of your life. For me this means thinking a lot about work, what I want to do with my time, where I live, if I want to move to the city or to another state, the relationships that I have and don't have, and what my ultimate goal is with my music. That's a lot to think about especially when I don't have any solid answers to any of those questions. I feel very restless sometimes and very often dream of leaving Illinois and starting somewhere fresh. The last year of living in Naperville has been a good one, but many times I think I want to do something else.... i'm just not sure what that is yet.

Singing with Aaron and Dara has been incredible. Maribelle is tearing the south UP! Last night's show in Houston was a lot of fun. We played in a space that also serves as a commune where a small group of people live together. Pictures will come soon.

Tomorrow we are off to Albuquerque, NM and the day after that to the Grand Canyon! Right now Dara is passed out and Aaron is working on his computer. This pretty much exemplifies how we are most of the time.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

P.S. Malones, if you read this... I miss you guys and i'm waiting for your texts!!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I did not want to bother you while on vacation.. Please know that we MISS you dearly. The boys ask about you every day... I am very proud of you. Have fun on your tour and safe travels.. See you soon!!!

    Miss you The Malone Family!!!

    ReplyDelete