Monday, June 21, 2010

The last few days






It has been difficult to take time to get to a computer for the last few days. We played a show in Oakland, CA and then in San Jose and we were able to stay in San Jose for two nights in 'The House of the Dead Rat". Thankfully, it was not what it sounds like at all. In fact, I was very sad to leave San Jose because that house was so welcoming and I think the people living there are very cool.

We spent an afternoon in San Francisco where we walked up steep hills, got a little lost, and had pretty bad chinese food. I still thought it was fun. Dara was able to meet up with her roommate from college, who then brought about five people to the show that night. Lots of fun

After Cali we made out way to Reno Nevada. I made 75 cents! But then I spent one more dollar the next morning and lost it. We played a show with an INCREDIBLE duo in Reno that I think will one day be big. The next morning we got up at 7 a.m and drove all day through mountains to get to Eureka, California where we hiked in the Redwood Forest. That was pretty cool.

Being at the Grand Canyon and then the Redwoods made me understand how Native Americans thought these things to be so sacred. There is something about these natural things that demand respect.

We are now in a hotel between Eureka and Portland where we will spend two nights. It turns out we will probably be home on the 29th, not the 2nd like I originally thought. And there will be no show in Chicago. I think our last show is in Omaha, Nebraska.

I hope you all are doing very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment